A recent survey shows that 51% of Americans prefer to do their shopping online than in person – and that’s just the general population – 67% of so-called Millennials and 56% of Gen-Xers prefer to buy their products online. What was once considered a fun novelty is now a serious multi-billion dollar industry, with online sales predicted to exceed $27 trillion by 2020.
If your business sells online, how do you compete in such a crowded and fiercely competitive marketplace? Luckily for you, Internet security provider SSL2Buy have released a new guide detailing 10 eCommerce trends that will play a big part in 2017 – from giving shoppers a personalised experience to taking full advantage of social media.
In brief the infographic covers:
- The likelihood that ‘Black Friday’ and ‘Cyber Monday’ will morph into a weeks-long shopping season
- Shoppers will expect a more personalised, dynamic experience
- AI will be used to power Chat Bots and automated responses
- Big Data will be used to predict future purchases
- Mobile traffic has already overtaken desktop users, and will continue to dominate
- There will be an increasing expectation for next-day delivery (spearheaded by Amazon)
- Buying decisions will be increasingly influenced by Social Media
- Consumers are becoming more aware of https – Google are already using it as a ranking signal
- Multi-channel selling
- Remarketing will become more important – with consumers often encountering 7 touch-points before making a purchase
Check out the full guide below for even more!
Infographic courtesy of SSL2Buy.
Click or tap on the image for a better view.