Deciding which hot water system to choose is not a simple task. Some way or the other, there are numerous things that tend to influence your choices and in this way make you more confused about what will be the ideal option. A common mistake here is that most homeowners make is that they often rush to the decisions and end up having the system that they never really wanted. Instead of doing the same, takes your own time, gather essential facts, and understand your priorities and then take make your move. This guide will share a few secrets that will help you in identifying the ultimate system for you and at the same time explain the process of buying cost-effective, practical and feature-rich systems in a systematic manner.
Step 1: Determine What Will Be Important for Your Home
Before you begin to research more about the several types of hot water systems and their specifications, you need to know more about what you want, and these can be based on three independent points:
- The number of members in your family
- The average volume of water spent per day
- The amount of money that you are willing to spend for buying, maintaining and repairing the system
The total members present inside the premises decide the overall capacity of this system that will be appropriate for you. For instance, if you live in a family of four then storage systems with an average capacity of 130 litters is likely to be enough, while the number increases to 170 litters in case of more than four members.
Step 2: The Type of Hot Water System
There are two common types of hot water systems available in the market and these are as follows:
- Instantaneous Hot Water System: These systems are also known as tankless hot water systems that have the ability to heat water right at the moment when it passes through, as a result of which you are never going to run out of hot water. The size of these systems is relatively small, and they come with an average lifespan of 20 years, based on the fuel and built of the product.
- Storage Hot Water System: Just as the name suggests, this system stores water within the tank heats it and then provides the same for domestic usage. Many manufacturers produce energy rating models ranging from 3 to 5 stars and they feature speedy heating, where it takes only an hour for heating 150 litters of water.
Step 3: Replacing Existing System with Upgraded Ones
For those who already own a hot water system and are planning to invest in a brand-new model must consider replacing it with:
- Heat pump water systems that provide impressive performance
- Efficient source of fuel such as natural gas for storage or instantaneous hot water systems
- Advance mechanism that provides superior built, better design and effective results
If you don’t own a hot water system, then you can skip this step and proceed with the following ones.
Step 4: Consulting with Qualified Experts for The Best
Instead of choosing almost any option that you come across, sit back, relax and think about which hot water systems are meant to meet overall demands of your home. You can even discuss with a professional who will guide you regarding features of the system and the ones that will turn out to be valuable for you. Moreover, having the best hot water systems is not enough besides that you have to make sure that you hire a reliable professional who is able to install the system to perfection.